Welcome to 2nd Exeter Scout Group
2nd Exeter Scout Group has operated in Heavitree for over 100 years. We celebrated our 100th birthday in 2019. The Group has met at various locations within the area but moved to the purpose-built Scout Hut on South Lawn Terrace in 1968.
The Group is now running with the highest number of members in the last 20 years, reaching nearly 200 in January 2020. We are proud to be one of the largest groups in the County providing a huge range of activities for boys and girls.
As a Scout Group, we aim to provide a balanced and varied programme for our young girls and boys, Squirrels, Beavers, Cubs and Scouts aged 4 to 14 years old. Developing their minds and bodies to create good citizens of the future.
While in previous years we have proudly supported Exeter Foodbank we have decided to change things up this year and would like to show our support for the Salvation Army’s “Be a Star” campaign.
Every year, many children throughout Exeter and the surrounding area wake up on Christmas morning to very little. We want your help to make Christmas extra special for these children. We hope that you will help us get behind this by donating a new gift for these children to open on Christmas Day.
We hope you will agree that every child deserves a new gift at Christmas so we are unable to accept used or second hand items in the Christmas appeal.
These donated gifts will be distributed via Social Workers, Support Workers and local Children’s Centres. Suggested gifts include:
- 0-3 years: dolls, teddy bears, cot mobiles, baby clothes, bath toys and puzzles
- 3-5: dolls and action figures, cars, lorries, colouring sets, pencils, crayons, books, puzzles
- 5-9: educational games & toys, stationery (colouring sets, pencils, crayons, school sets), books, puzzles, wordsearch, crosswords
- 9-12: games and toys, stationery, books, t-shirts, hair accessories, gloves, scarves, hats
- 13-16: books, make-up and toiletries (please try to ensure non-allergic ingredients if possible), gloves, scarves, hats, t-shirts, hair accessories and gift vouchers.
By giving a gift to our Christmas Present Appeal you can make a real difference in someone’s life at Christmas.
Please bring your unwrapped gifts to the Scout Hut from 1st November to 30th November for us to donate in bulk to the Salvation Army.
Thank you for your support and making a difference to someone else this Christmas.Read More