Hire our scout hut
Hire our scout hut
During term times our Scout Hut is used on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings.
At other times the Hut is available for regular or one off bookings, and is suitable for all sorts of activities from birthday parties to fitness classes.
Our hut is ideal for sleepovers or as a base for Groups – being just a 20 minute walk into Exeter City Centre and less than 5 minutes from Heavitree Park.
The main area of the hut measures 10m x 7.5m. It also has a small functional kitchen with a kettle, electric cooker, fridge, microwave, a selection of cooking equipment, crockery, cutlery and plastic cups. The Hut has two toilets (one of which is an accessible toilet), and tables and chairs are available for use.
The Hut is situated in a residential area. Parking availability will depend on the time of day as the immediate parking directly around the hut is residents parking. 2 hour spaces and non permit parking spaces can be located on road a short walk from the hut.
For one-off bookings:
- Select a starting time for your booking and then provide details as requested.
- Once we have received your booking request Rachel our Hut Bookings Coordinator will email you to arrange payment, confirm the booking and deliver the key to you prior to your booking.
- A provisional booking will be held for 5 days, after which if payment has not been received the slot held will be released.
PLEASE NOTE BOOKINGS MADE LESS THAN A WEEK IN ADVANCE CANNOT BE GUARANTEED AND ARE SUBJECT TO CONFIRMATION
DUE TO THE HUT BOOKINGS BEING MANAGED BY A VOLUNTEER IT IS UNFORTUNATELY NOT POSSIBLE TO OFFER VIEWINGS FOR ONE OFF BOOKINGS
Conditions for Hiring the Scout Hut
The Hirer guarantees to:
- Appoint a responsible adult to oversee the fire and personal safety of all the users in the hut for the period of the hire.
- Not exceed a total of 50 people in the hut at any one time.
- Reimburse the scout group for any loss or damage resulting from misuse or reckless use to the building or equipment supplied for the use of the hirer.
- Ensure the hut is left clean and tidy at the end of the hire.
- Ensure the hut is left secure with the lights, cooking and heating switches off as per the Fire Routine.
- Dispose of any rubbish by removing it from the site at the end of the hire.
Return key at the end of the hire period by locking up and posting the key back through the hut letterbox.
PLEASE NOTE: any additional costs incurred resulting from loss, damage, refuse removal etc will lead to the hirer being invoiced within 14 days of the completion of hire.
Any queries about booking please email [email protected]
How to find us:
Our Scout Hut is located on South Lawn Terrace in Exeter, (next to St Michael’s School) the full address is:
The Scout Hut, South Lawn Terrace, Heavitree, Exeter, EX1 2SN.